Emerging ocular melanoma treatments
Eradicating ocular melanoma is done by radiation and surgerical method. The common radiation therapy used to treat ocular melanoma is called plaque radiation therapy. A disk attached with radioactive seeds, called plaque is placed directly on the wall of the eye lying next to the tumor. Treatment options will vary based on the location and size of the melanoma and health. Melanoma on the eyesurface is treated with chemotherapy eye drops, freezing treatment, and radiation.
- Track 1-1 Transpupillary Thermotherapy
- Track 2-2 Iridocyclectomy
- Track 3-3 Trans-Sclera Local Resection
- Track 4-4 Plaque Radiotherapy
- Track 5-5 Trans-Retinal Endoresection